Nutella Cake... Second Innings!

So, I just decided today, that I will hunt my way through my picture files and find something to post as a jump start to blogging again. This cake was made about three months back and it never made its way here, due to sheer lack of time on my part. No one at home are sweet eaters including my son. He devours chocolates in huge quantities that I always need to keep a dentist number handy. Anything other than chocolate gets a 'no' from him. According to him, I am the lousiest cook on earth due to my inability to make good quality chocolates at home. Not that chocolate making is a task. Just that fitting that into my schedule is a task!


If the chocolate-only lover at home has to eat a cake, it has to be a chocolate cake which his father loathes. Next best alternative is Nutella Cake! I never bother with icing or frosting, no one at home is interested either.


I searched high and low for a good nutella cake recipe, and finally chose this one. It is a pretty straight forward recipe and my version here is more of a cut and paste of it. So essentially, this is Divya's recipe, Divya's cake, that I made according to the instructions on her blog. And it tasted divine!

RECIPE
Salted Butter at room temperature - 150 grams
Castor Sugar - 3/4 cup (I always go with a bit less sweet-ness)
Eggs - 3
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
Plain Flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
Milk - 1/2 cup
Nutella - 3 tablespoons


 METHOD
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
Grease and dust a 6 cup bundt pan.
Sieve the plain flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
Beat the butter and the sugar well till well combined.
Add the eggs and beat well.
Add the vanilla extract and combine.
Finally add the flour and fold it in until you get a smooth batter.
Pour half the batter into the prepared tin.
Add 1 and 1/2 spoons of nutella into into the batter and swirl through with a knife.
Pour the rest of the batter on top of this, and add the remaining nutella on top and swirl through with a knife again.
Bake for 50 minutes till the cake is fully cooked and a toothpick inserted will come out clean.
Cool the cake and invert onto a wire rack.


Done with the recipe! Simple!
Enjoy with tea...!


Lots of love and happiness!

Comments

Rafeeda AR said…
such a lovely looking bundt cake... i'm sure the kids (and the elders!) at home would love this...
Anonymous said…
I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award. Gooodluck on answering the questions. See my latest post.:)

Popular Posts